Sin’s Gift Guide
What to get those weirdos on your shopping list:
- Something for everyone: Enamel pins are all the rage right now. There’s a pin for everyone – from your donut-obsessed sister to your buddy who would flip over a Ren & Stimpy throwback. Check out the Sinner Spotlight about Knee High Horror and head over to their Etsy shop for those horror themed pins I’ve been raving about.
- For the Entrepreneur: We all have that one badass friend who runs their own business and is living their dream. More power to them! Why not hook up their storefront with an original piece of art? Present ideas don’t get more unique than this. Featured in Sinner Spotlight: Richard Miller, you can hire Richard and his team of artists to paint colorful one-of-a-kind window murals for your friend’s brick and mortar shop!
- For the (Walking) Dead Head: There is probably one or more people on your list who are completely obsessed with The Walking Dead. Why not warm their undead heart with a zombie to call their own? Multi-talented Marilyn Mansfield hand-makes adorable and very lifelike baby dolls, who aren’t so innocent. Check out the UNborn Creations Facebook page and adopt a creepy lil bugger of your own.
- For the Fierce Fashionista: If you’ve followed my social media pages this year, you’ve witnessed my evolving hair style. In April of this year I had the pleasure of meeting the talented folks at Rogue House Salon who slay hair while having way too much fun together! Your friend will thank you for hooking them up with the blue and pink balayage of their style dreams. Contact the NYC Village salon Rogue House directly for gifting options.
- The person who has everything: One of my favorite go-to options for that someone you can’t just peg down is a charitable gift. A donation in a friend’s name is sure to warm even the biggest Grinch’s heart. Here are some of my favorites:
- Adopt an endangered animal at the WWF site. There are so many animals to choose from and starting at $55 you get a plush animal, certificate, and animal info card.
- Metalheads who care aren’t that rare. One of my favorite charities is the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund. Visit their “Stand Up and Shop” page and grab some Stand Up and Shout merch with 100% of their proceeds going towards the research and prevention of prostate, colon and stomach cancers.
- Music makes the world go round. I learned to play an instrument at the ripe young age of 7. Music has impacted my life in so many positive ways I would have to write a new post about it. For those as passionate as me about keeping the music education programs alive in our schools, VH1 Save the Music Foundation has a few options this holiday season. Stop by a local Urban Outfitters and pick up the exclusive t-shirt, or go to Cost Plus World Market for a $4 tote that’s perfect for stocking-stuffing.
Event tickets make a great gift for that music snob on your list. They’re also perfect for those of you who would prefer to “call out sick” to your family’s holiday gatherings. Here are some tickets on sale to plan your escape:
- JUST ANNOUNCED! Get first dibs on some hot-off-the-presses Alice in Chains tix
- Ring in the New Year with those crazy Queens kids at Cybertron New Years Eve – Stranger Things Edition
- For the Misfit fiend who can’t make it to Vegas. Snag tix to Doyle at Blackthorn51
- GO ALL OUT and book that trip to Vegas! The Original Misfits at MGM Grand
- Join your fellow New Yorkers in shouting “Cena Sucks!” at the WWE Live Holiday Tour at MSG. (Btw – it looks like Finn Balor is on the card. **drools**)
Did you get your FREE SHIPPING yet?
This month only I’m offering free shipping at the Lady Misfit Glass shop on Etsy to each Sinner who signs up for the new Sin Dee NYC Newsletter!