This year’s Taste of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is filled with over 20 booths of food, drinks and cocktails/mocktails. I was able to do 13 out of the 20 international food and beverage booths before my belly said “no more!” Here are our top picks for 2021.
Located in World Showcase at Epcot are the Festival-exclusive Outdoor Kitchens, challenging attendees to “Embark on a mouthwatering mission to taste your way around a healthy, wholesome smorgasbord”. The kitchens are open daily through July 5, 2021 from open to close, leaving plenty of time for a full tasting and stroll among the flowers.
Mermaid Eats recommends these spots:
Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen.
- Frushi: It’s exactly what it sounds like!
Fresh fuit served sushi-syle. Strawberry, pineapple and cantaloupe in sweet rice & pink soy wraps, served with whipped cream, drizzled in berry sauce, and topped with toasted coconut. Mmm!
- Soy-glazed Pork Shank with Truffle Mashed Potatoes, and Garlic Chips
- Shrimp and crab in delish bite-sized balls. Made with shrimp, crab, spicy mayo and cucumber slices. Finished off with Creamy Avocado and Violet Sauce
Pineapple Promenade (Showcase Plaza)
Get your tropical fruit fix from tart ‘n’ tangy to the sweetest frozen treats!
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (available in alcoholic or virgin!)
Also on the menu is a Pineapple Beer Flight which includes regional—you guessed it—pineapple flavored beers:
- 3 Daughters Brewing Tropical Hefe Wheat Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
- Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Wheat Ale with Mango, Pineapple and Guava, Asheville, NC
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company Alo’hop IPA, Lexington, KY
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL
Trowel & Trellis
Hosted by Impossible™ Foods
Delight in some of your favorite foods—created from innovative recipes with some impossibly delicious twists!
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly and totally Vegan!)
- Impossible™ Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise (Boneless and Meat Free!)
(The American Adventure)
Get a nice, cozy feeling with some comfort food inspired by the Gulf region.
- Crawfish Étouffée with Andouille sausage and Dirty Rice
- House-made Boudin Two Ways with spicy mustard
- Pecan Cake with maple whipped cream
GINA’S TOP PICK:
Fleur de Lys (France)
Indulge in haute cuisine and boissons that’ll make you fall in ooo-la-la-love with this palate-pleasing Parisian pop-up!
- *Favorite Dish*
Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel: Which is fancy French for Caramelized Beignet filled with vanilla cream, and glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel
- Canard Confit à l’Orange aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck à l’Orange with Parisian Gnocchi
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose l’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, white & red cranberry juice.
Aside from the tasting portion of the festival, the main allure is the impressive topiary and flower gardens set up throughout the Disney park. This is of course where the “International Flower & Garden” part of it comes in.
There are almost 100 individual topiaries in the park featuring Disney characters like the Troll located at the Norway Paviliion (pictured right). If that isn’t enough greenery for you, there are 20 different garden areas each appropriately themed for its area of Epcot, like the English Tea Garden by Twinings of London in the United Kingdom pavilion.
So, while you explore Epcot’s Outdoor Kitchens, be sure to stop and smell the roses!